Next, the main regard to cookies such as information to the user of the web of the type of cookies used by the web, purposes thereof, consent of the user, forms of requesting consent, legal notice, cookies policy, etc.
1. Concept of Cookies
Cookies are files that are stored on the user’s computer that navigates through the Internet and, in particular, contains a number that allows the user’s computer to be identified univocally, even if the user changes their location or IP address.
Cookies are installed during Internet browsing, either by websites visited by the user or by third parties with which the website is related, and allow the user to know their activity on the same site or with others they relate this, for example: the Place from which you access, the connection time, the device from which you access (fixed or mobile), the operating system and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks made and data regarding the user’s behavior on the Internet.
The website is accessible without the need for cookies to be activated, although its deactivation may prevent the correct functioning of the website.
2. Types of Cookies
Cookies can be classified according to the entity that manages them, according to the time they remain activated in the terminal equipment and according to their purpose.
The main obligation for companies or service providers in the information society or internet, through means such as web pages, platforms or computer applications is established in art. 22.2 of the LSSI that establishes:
“Service providers may use data storage and retrieval devices in terminal equipment of recipients, provided that they have given their consent after they have been provided with clear and complete information about their use, in particular, about the purposes of data processing, in accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data. ”
Likewise, the cookies used for any of the following purposes are exempted from compliance with the obligations established in article 22.2 of the LSSI:
Allow only communication between the user’s equipment and the network.
Strictly provide a service expressly requested by the user.
In this sense, cookies that would be exempted from the obligations set forth in art. 22.2 those that have the following purposes:
- Cookies user input.
- Authentication or user identification cookies (session only).
- User’s security cookies. (erroneous and repeated connection attempts).
- Multimedia player session cookies.
- Session cookies to balance the load.
- Cookies customization of the user interface.
- Complement cookies to exchange social content.
These cookies are excluded from the scope of application of art. 22.2 of the LSSI, and therefore, it would not be necessary to inform or obtain consent on its use. On the contrary, it would be necessary to inform and obtain consent for the installation and use of any other type of cookies, both first and third, session or persistent, being subject to the scope of application of article 22.2 of the LSSI, about which will be useful the orientations of this document.
The cookies according to the entity that manages them, can be:
- Own cookies: Are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that treats the data obtained through cookies.
The cookies according to the period of time that remain activated in the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session Cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent Cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
The cookies according to their purpose, can be:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store contents for dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service , the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: Are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the web to your profile and needs, without cookies the services offered by any page would be significantly reduced. If you wish to consult more information about what cookies are, what they store, how to eliminate them, deactivate them, etc., please go to this link.
Cookies use in this website
This website uses the following own cookies:
Session cookies, to ensure that users who write comments on the blog are human and not automated applications. This way, spam is fought.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
Google Analytics: Stores cookies to be able to compile statistics on traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this regard must do so by communicating directly with Google.
Social networks: Each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on Like or Share buttons.
The legal obligations imposed by the regulations are two: the duty of information and the obtaining of consent.
First of all, the first thing to do is to identify the cookies that are being installed or being used, analyzing whether they are own or third party cookies, session or permanent and, specifying their function to be able to decide whether or not they are in the scope of article 22.2.
The second section of article 22 of the LSSI establishes that users should be provided with clear and complete information on the use of data storage and retrieval devices and, in particular, on the purposes of processing the data, in accordance with the provisions of provided in the Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, for the protection of personal data.
Therefore, the information on the cookies provided at the time of requesting consent must be sufficiently complete to allow users to understand the purpose for which they were installed and to know the uses that will be given to them.
The mandatory information may be offered through multiple systems. As we will see later, generally, with these means not only the necessary information will be provided, but also the user’s consent for the installation of the devices can be requested. Among the most common methods, they are;
The supply of information through a header bar or in the footer, in a sufficiently visible manner.
Likewise, information should be provided on how to deactivate or eliminate the cookies listed through the functionalities provided by the publisher, as well as the form of revocation of the consent already provided.
This acceptance may be revoked through the content and privacy configuration options available therein. The Owner recommends its users to consult the help of their browser or access the help web pages of the main browsers:
Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies and from this place you must exercise your right to eliminate or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect manipulation of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget their decision of not accepting them.
In the case of Google Analytics cookies, this company stores cookies on servers located in the United States and agrees not to share it with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the operation of the system or when the law requires such effect. According to Google it does not save your IP address. Google Inc. is a company adhering to the Safe Harbor Agreement that guarantees that all transferred data will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European regulations. You can consult detailed information in this regard on this link. If you want information about the use that Google gives to cookies we attach this other link.
If the user wishes to ask a question about the Cookies Policy of the Website, he can contact the owner through the following address: email@example.com indicating in the subject “Cookies Policy”.